The Trading Online Voucher Scheme is an Irish government initiative whose main aim is to get more small businesses trading online as eCommerce businesses.
eCommerce has shown phenomenal growth in recent years based on it being an easier and more flexible way of shopping.
This coupled with the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in an explosion of eCommerce activity and an expectation from customers that a company should offer eCommerce services.
- The eligibility for the Trading Online Voucher Scheme takes into account the following factors:
- Have a minimal online trading capacity
- Employ up to 10 people or less
- Have a turnover of less than €10 million
- Businesses must be trading for at least 6 months
- Your business must be located within the area of the LEO you apply to for the funding
- For example if you are based in Dublin then you must apply to Dublin LEO
- You must first attend a Trading Online Voucher seminar organised by one of the Local Enterprise offices.
- Businesses who have applied before can apply again if your website requires an upgrade
At thedesignpool.ie we have guided many businesses through the program building their eCommerce sites using our eCommerce webdesign services.
You must first get approval for the scheme before incurring any expenses
Other factors to take into account:
- It is not just product based business that are eligible for the scheme. For example if you offer services like a solicitor or accountant does, you can also take part by by adding online payments to your services.
- You need to pay all your suppliers before you can draw down the voucher money.
- Only Third party costs will be allowed.
- Your third party supplier’s paperwork such as invoices must contain their official business details (e.g. Tax and Business Registration numbers).
For full details of the scheme please click here
For more information contact myself Pat Hughes (Digital Marketing, IT Specialist) at thedesignpool.ie
using the form below or call me on 01 230 3645
[contact-form-7 id=”12002″ title=”Contact Page Form”/]